Urgent care centers are in place to help you deal with medical issues that need to be addressed, but might not be threatening enough to require emergency services. Emergency care is helpful in certain circumstances, but when it comes to health concerns like severe dizziness, it’s best to consult with an urgent care professional.
Dizziness is the actually the second most common complaint heard in doctor’s offices, and will occur in approximately 70% of the United State’s population at sometime in their lives. And being able to identify exactly what is causing your dizziness is important! In fact, it can actually help you during your fight to address your medical problems and discover any underlying medical issues you might not have been aware of. Let’s take a closer look at what might be ailing you.
Causes of Dizziness:
- Low Blood Sugar — Also known as hypoglycemia, low blood sugar can be extremely dangerous in certain individuals. If you skip meals regularly, take too much medication, eat far less than normal, or exercise too much can all result in low blood pressure and, consequently, extreme dizziness.
- Severe Anxiety Disorder — When your anxieties become too much to deal with, your body recognizes that and can often go into fits of extremely dizziness. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you believe your anxiety is to blame for your problems with dizziness.
- Severe Ear Infection — Ear and sinus infections can also lead to dizziness problems if left unattended. Ear infections are common (especially in children), but if they worsen and dizziness starts to occur, you should seek immediate medical attention.
- Dehydration — One of the most common reasons people get dizzy is because they are dehydrated. Be sure to drink a lot of fluid throughout the day if you are at risk of dehydration.
- Severe Allergic Reaction — Problems with various medications — especially allergy medicine — can often result in fits of dizziness. Be extremely careful with every medication that you’re using and talk to a professional before you take anything.
Don’t ignore your dizziness because it could mean that something far worse is going on inside your body. Get the medical attention necessary. If looking for Bakersfield urgent care centers, contact Accelerated Urgent Care right away.