Repair of Minor Cuts
Most minor cuts and abrasions don’t need a doctor’s care.
When to come in to Accelerated Urgent Care?
- The wound is on your face
- The edges of the cut are jagged or gape open
- The cut is deep
- You can see fat or muscle. These are signs that you may need stitches
- You can’t get all of the dirt or debris out of the wound, or the wound was caused by something very dirty or rusty
- You have a puncture wound or a cut and haven’t had a tetanus shot in the past 5 years
- The wound is from an animal or human bite
- The injured area feels numb
Accelerated Urgent Care is able to close your wound in a sterile (clean) fashion with either sutures or glue. Our Providers are all Emergency or Urgent Care trained with moderate experience.