Broken or Fractured Bones
What Are the Symptoms of a Broken Bone?
Signs and symptoms of a broken bone include:
- Swelling or bruising over a bone
- Deformity of an arm or leg
- Pain in the injured area that gets worse when the area is moved or pressure is applied
- Loss of function in the injured area
- Unable to walk due to pain or unable to bear weight on the affected extremity
- In open fractures, bone protruding from the skin
When should you come in to Accelerated Urgent Care?
How to determine if a bone is broken:
X-rays are performed to determine if a bone is broken. If you are diagnosed with a broken bone, we will place you in a splint to protect the bone and help it heal. Rarely, the bone will have to be reduced or put back into place.
We Have the ability to perform X-RAYS at all of our sites and can inform you immediately if your bone is broken.